Methi Aaloo Peanut is a simple, tasty veg dish, easy recipe yet so flavourful. Though Methi (fenugreek leaves) is a bitter, cooking it this way reduces that bitter taste and makes it so yummy.
- Fresh Methi Leaves (Fenugreek Leaves) – One big bunch. Cleaned under water and finely chopped.
- Aaloo (Potato) – 2 small size. Peel off the skin and cut into small cubes.
- Tomato – 2 small size. Finely chopped.
- Shengdana (Peanut) – One cup. Roasted. Skin peeled off. Coarsely crushed.
- Lassun (Garlic) – 25 cloves. Finely chopped.
- Pyaz (Onion) – 3 small size. Finely chopped.
- Cooking oil – 6 tbs.
- Hari Mirchi (Green Chili) – 4 medium size. Finely chopped.
- Salt to taste.
- Haldi (Turmeric) powder – Half tsp.
- Take a large Kadai. Add cooking oil and heat it up.
- Once the oil is hot, add chopped green chilies and fry it for few seconds.
- Add chopped onions and fry it on high flame until it becomes translucent.
- Add chopped garlic and fry it for few seconds on high flame. Donot brown the garlic.
- Add chopped potatoes and fry it on high flame until it is half cooked.
- Add chopped tomatoes and fry it on high flame until it is cooked properly.
- Add turmeric powder and salt to taste and mix it properly.
- Add chopped methi leaves and mix it properly. Fry the methi leaves on high flame for couple of minutes.
- Then cover the Kadai with a tight lid and reduce the flame to slow. Cook it for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Then open the Kadai lid, add crushed peanuts and mix it properly. Again, cover it with the lid and cook it for another 5 minutes.
- Healthy and Delicious Methi Aaloo Peanut is ready to be served along with Chappati.
- Happy Eating.