This indulgent Lobster Masala recipe is a scrumptious Indian Style Lobster preparation made with freshly grated coconut milk and spices. This dish is loaded with huge flavors, which make it a totally lip-smacking dish.
Kindly Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such wonderful recipes. Please hit the Like button if you like my video and Share it. I have mentioned detailed recipe in description section of my video.
- Fresh Lobster – Four Large size. Shell removed. De-veined. Cleaned with water. Cut into 2 to 3 inch pieces.
- Fresh Coconut Milk – One and Half cup.
- Onion – 2 medium size. Finely chopped.
- Fresh Coriander (Dhaniya) Leaves – One and half cup. Finely chopped.
- Byadgi or Kashmiri Whole Red Chili – 10 pieces. Soaked in warm water.
- Tomato – 2 small size. Finely chopped.
- White Vinegar – 3 tbs.
- Tamarind (Imli) – 2 tbs.
- Dried Coconut (Khopra) – 3 tbs.
- Garlic (Lassun) – 20 cloves.
- Poppy Seeds (Khas-Khas) – 1 tbs.
- Coriander (Dhaniya) Seeds – One and half tbs.
- Black Pepper Corn (Kali Miri) – 1 tsp.
- Hot Red Chili powder – One and half tsp.
- Mace (Javitri) – 4 petals.
- Cumin (Jeera) seeds – One and half tsp.
- Fresh Turmeric (Haldi) – 2 inch. Roughly chopped. If you don’t have fresh haldi, then you can use half tsp of haldi powder.
- Cinnamon Stick (Dal Chini) – One and half inch.
- Asafoetida (Hing) powder – Half tsp.
- Butter (Makkan) – 150 gms.
- Green Cardamom (Choti Elaichi) – 6 pieces.
- Black Cardamom (Badi Elaichi) – 1 piece.
- Salt to taste.
- Cooking Oil – 2 tbs.
- Star Anise (Chakri Phool) – 3 pieces.
- Cloves (Lawang) – 1 tsp.
- Ginger (Adrak) – One and half inch. Roughly chopped.
- Curry Leaves (Kadipatta) – 15 leaves.
- Take a large mixing bowl. Add Lobster in it. Add half tsp of turmeric powder, half tsp of salt, one and half tsp of hot red chili powder. Give it a nice mix. Let the powdered masalas coat properly on the Lobsters. Allow it to marinate for at least fifteen minutes.
- Take a flat pan and heat it up. Dry roast all the whole spices. Dry roast on medium flame and donot allow the spices to burn or become brown. Add peppercorn, star anise, coriander and roast it for few seconds. Then add mace, cinnamon stick, lawang, green and black cardamom, cumin seeds and roast them until you get nice spice aroma. Then add poppy seeds and roast it for 10 seconds only. Remove it on a plate. Then add dried coconut and let it brown a little bit. Then add garlic, ginger, fresh turmeric and roast them until you see charred mark on garlic and coconut. Turn off the flame. Remove them on the same plate.
- Allow the above roasted spices to cool down. Then add them in to a mixer grinder jar. In the same jar, add soaked red chili, white vinegar and tamarind. Grind it in to a fine paste. Add very little water if required. Remove it in a bowl.
- Take a large Kadai or Deep Pan. Add butter and cooking oil. Heat it up.
- Add Asafoetida powder, curry leaves and fry them for few seconds. Add finely chopped onions and mix it properly.
- Fry onions on high flame until it becomes light brown. Add finely chopped tomato and fry it on high flame until the tomato has fried perfectly.
- Add the spice masala paste and mix them well. Fry the masala paste on high flame for around 8 minutes. If masala paste sticks at the bottom of Kadai, add very little water to prevent it from burning and helps to deglaze the kadai.
- Add fresh coconut milk on high flame. Add milk little by little and keep stirring continuously.
- Cover it with a lid and cook it for five minutes.
- Then add salt to taste, and add marinated Lobster in to the Kadai. Mix it well. Lobster cooks very fast. Donot over cook the Lobster or else it will be rubbery like texture.
- Cover it with a lid and cook the Lobster for 2 to 3 minutes of low to medium flame.
- Turn off the Flame. Add chopped fresh coriander leaves and mix it well.
- Lobster Masala is ready to be served. Serve hot along with steamed / jeera rice, bhakri or chappati.
- Happy Eating.