My Whole Masala (Spice) Box and Powdered Masala (Spice) box – MERA SWAD KA PITARA.
My whole masala box is made to order from Nainital (in Utaranchal state of India) jungle woods having 24 slots to store variety of dry whole masalas.
My powdered masala box is purchased from market and has 12 slots to store variety of powdered masalas.
I did my research on the spices that I have stored. The Health benefits depends on individual’s immune system and body. If in doubt, consult experts like Professional Chefs and or Doctor before use. Here are few Health benefits of my stored masalas:
- Shahi Jeera (Caraway seeds) – Caraway seeds are diuretic, expectorant, and tonic, and are used as remedies for bronchitis and cough. The seeds soothe the digestive tract and relieve colic, cramps, bloating and flatulence by directly acting on the intestinal muscles
- Black Pepper (Kaali Miri) – Black pepper is rich in a potent antioxidant called piperine, is anti-inflamatory, improves blood sugar control, helps lowering cholestrol levels.
- Dagad Phool (Black Stone flower) – The black stone flower (kalpasi) helps in stimulating the digestive enzymes, which reduces the number of stomach related problems like diarrhoea, constipation, vomiting, excessive flatulence and bloating. It also regulates the overall digestive process with ease.
- Lawang (Cloves) – Cloves are low in calories but a rich source of manganese, high in antioxidants, including eugenol, which can help reduce oxidative stress.
- Ajwain (Carom seeds) – Carom seeds or powder are used to treat any kind of abdominal discomfort due to indigestion like stomach pain or burning sensation, gives instant Relief from Acidity and Indigestion, reduces total cholesterol, LDL (bad) cholesterol, and triglyceride levels.
- Methi (Fenugreek) – Fenugreek seeds or powder regulates blood sugar level and helps in treatment of type 1 and 2 diabetes, boost metabolism, helps in managing and losing weight.
- Jeera (Cummin) – Using cummin as a spice increases antioxidant intake, promotes digestion, provides iron, may improve blood sugar control and may reduce food-borne illnesses.
- Rai (Mustard) – Mustard seeds help in digestion, good for hair and skin, helps curing respiratory problems, helps digestion.
- Elaichi (Green Cardamom) – Green Cardamom essential oil is effective in killing several different types of bacteria and fungi. Cardamom is often used as a flavouring agent and comes under the category of aromatic plants. The small cardamom or Choti (green) Elaichi enhances physical strength.”
- Elaichi (Black Cardamom) – Black cardamom helps prevent heart diseases. If someone suffer from oral health issues like cavity, mouth odour, bleeding gums, et al, chewing on black cardamom seeds maybe helpful.
- Kalaonji (Nigella Seeds also called Onion seeds) – Nigella seeds is packed with Antioxidats.
- Chakra Phool (Star Anise) – Star Anise is used for treating cough and flu. Anise also helps improve digestion, cramps and reduce nausea. Consuming star anise tea after meals helps treat digestive ailments such as bloating, gas, indigestion and constipation.
- Dhaniya (Coriander) – Coriander seed helps in reducing bad cholesterol and promotes good cholesterol in the body. These are rich in essential minerals that increases RBC and improves heart health. Coriander seeds also help in increasing metabolism.
- Soaf (Fennil) – Fennil seeds regularly helps flush out excess fluids as it works as a diuretic. In addition, it helps remove toxins and reduces the risk of urinary tract problems.
- Annar Dana (Pomegranate seeds) – Annar Dana is packed with fiber, both soluble and insoluble fiber. Soluble fiber swells up in the gut and prevents excess cholesterol and sugar from being absorbed by the body. Insoluble fiber removes toxins from the body and enhances digestive function.
- Jai Phal (Nutmeg) – Used in small dosages, Nutmeg can aid digestion, improve the appetite and treat diarrhoea, vomiting and nausea. Nutmeg is used as flavour and fragrance in many dishes.
- Aamchur (Dry Raw Mango) – Aamchur contains antioxidants, is also rich in iron, improves immunity system of the body and also quite beneficial for your skin and hair. It helps in controlling your blood pressure.
- Tej Patta (Bay leaves) – Bay leaf is rich in anti-oxidant and rich in antifungal properties, is a good source of Vitamin-A Vitamin-C, which acts as a natural antioxidant. Bay leaves also contain copper, potassium, calcium, selenium, and iron, which are beneficial for health. It contains a good amount of protein, dietary fiber, monosaturated fat, omega-3 fatty acids, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6 and folate.
- Javitri (Mace) – Mace is used to cure diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, stomach spasms and pain, and intestinal gas.
- Dal Chinni (Cinnamon stick) – Cinnamon Stick or powder relieves throat pain, migraine headache, rhinitis, anorexia, rheumatoid arthritis, helps to lower high blood pressure and control blood sugar.
- Kashmiri Mirch (Kashmiri Red Chilli) – Deep Red in colour, it is rich in this vitamin or antioxidant that helps to build immunity. It is also helpful for improved blood flow and advanced skin health.
- Sambaar Mirch (Lentil Sambaar Red Chilli) – This Red Chilli aids in Weight Loss. Capsaicin in this Chilli is known to increase fat burning and reduce appetite. It reduces food cravings and increases metabolism, both beneficial for weight loss.
- Tikah Mirch (Hot Red Chilli) – Hot Red Chilli relieves nasal congustion, fights inflammation and pain, promotes digestive health.
- Byadgi Mirch (Byadgi Karnataka Red Chilli) – Byadgi Chillies, another deep red in colour chilli, are excellent source of Vitamins and Minerals. It is also good for slimming down as it burns the calorie easily. Byadgi Chilli stimulate the appetite, help to clear the lungs, and stimulate digestive system.