Here’s the Veg dish for my Veggie friends. My Veggie friends always use to raise their concern that I don’t cook Veg dishes much. That’s not the case. I cook Veg dishes too. Its just so that I love non-veg dishes and cooking them. This Veg dish is too healthy. Methi or Fenugreek and Rathaaloo or Sweet potato has lots of medicinal properties and excellent our good health. My family loved this Veg dish. Try it at your home too.
- Fresh Rathaloo (Sweet Potato) – 150 gms. Clean it with water. Peel the skin and cut into one inch cubes.
- Fresh Methi (Fenugreek) Leaves – Clean it with water. Seperate the leaves from its stem and chop it finely.
- Onion – 2 medium size. Finely chopped.
- Tomato – 2 small size. Finely chopped.
- Green Chilli – 2 small – Finely chopped.
- Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp.
- Dhaniya (Coriader) powder – 2 tsp.
- Garam Masala powder – 1 tsp.
- Haldi (Tumeric) powder – Half tsp.
- Fresh Grated Coconut – 1 cup.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil or any Cooking Oil – 2 tbs.
- Rai (Mustard) seeds – 1 tbs.
- Salt to taste.
- Take a Kadai or Deep Pan.
- Add Oil and heat it up.
- Once heated, add Mustard seeds and let it crackle.
- Add chopped green chillis and onions. Saute it until transluscent.
- Add Dhaniya powder, Red Chilli powder, Haldi powder, Salt to taste, Garam Masala powder, and mix them well. Roast the masalas for 4 to 6 minutes. Add little bit of water to avoid the masalas from burning.
- Add chopped tomatoes. Fry them for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add chopped Rathaaloo (Sweet Potato) and mix them well on high heat.
- Add two cup of water and mix them well.
- Allow the Rathaaloo to cook 50%. Keep stiring intermitently.
- Add chopped Methi leaves and mix them well.
- Close the lid of Kadai. Allow it to cook at medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add half of the grated coconut and mix them well.
- Close the lid of Kadai and cook at slow heat for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Serve the Rathaaloo Methi Sabzi in a serving bowl and garnish it with freshly grated coconut.
- Rathaloo Methi Sabzi is ready to eat.
- Happy Eating.