My Dahi Kadi / Yoghurt Curry recipe is perfect for everyone. Prepared with plain Dahi and Besan, cooked and thickened to make a delicious curry. Lightly spices this vegetarian curry is best served with Rice. My family’s favorite.
- Dahi / Yoghurt – One and Half cup of sour dahi. Whisked properly.
- Kadi Patta / Curry Leaves – 18 leaves.
- Adrak and Hari Mirchi / Ginger and Green Chilli paste – One inch adrak and two hari mirchi finely crushed.
- Chini / Sugar – One tsp.
- Besan / Bengal Gram Flour – Half cup.
- Haldi / Turmeric – Half tsp.
- Hing / Asafoetida powder – 1/4th tsp.
- Namak / Salt to taste.
- Kali Miri / Black Pepper powder – Half tsp.
- Jeera / Cummin seeds – One tsp.
- Sukhi Lal Mirch / Dried Red Chili – Two medium size roughly cut.
- Rai / Mustard Seed – One tsp.
- Ghee / Clarified Butter – 3 tbs.
- Dhaniya / Coriander Leaves – Half cup finely chopped.
- Take a medium size Kadai or Deep pan. Heat it up on medium flame.
- Add Besan and stir it continuously for a minute or so to roast it. Remove it in another bowl. Allow it to cool.
- Add roasted Besan slowly in to the whisked Dahi bowl and keep mixing it properly and continuously to prevent lump formation. Add all the roasted Besan and mix it well.
- Add 2 cup of water to it and again mix it well. Keep it aside.
- Take the same Kadai and heat it up on medium flame.
- Add Ghee and allow it to melt and heat up.
- Add Rai, Jeera, Kadipatta, Hing powder, Adrak and Hari mirchi paste and Dried Red Chili in to the hot Ghee. Allow it to crackle and mix them well for few seconds only.
- Add Dahi and Besan mix in to the Kadai and mix it well.
- Add Haldi powder, Kali miri powder, sugar and salt to taste in to the Kadai. Mix them well. Add One to Two cups of water and mix them well.
- Cook it on medium flame for at least 10 minutes. Continuously whisk/mix it well.
- Add fresh chopped coriander leaves and mix it well.
- Turn off the heat. Cover it for another 10 minutes before serving.
- Delicious and Healthy Dahi Kadi is ready to be served along with Rice.
- Happy Eating.