Mysore Pak recipe is a super delicious and a popular sweet from Mysore, India. It is made with just three main ingredients – besan, ghee and sugar. This sweet dish melts in the mouth.
I have mentioned detailed recipe in description section of my video.
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) – 2 cups. Melted.
- Powdered Sugar – 3 cup.
- Besan (Bengal Gram Flour) – 2 cup.
- Elaichi (Green Cardamom) seeds powder – 1 tbs.
- Kesar (Saffron) – 1 tsp.
- Take a large mixing bowl and place a Sieve on top of it.
- Add besan to the sieve. Sieve the besan properly so that there are no lumps.
- Add 3 big spoon of ghee into the besan and mix it well. There should not be any lumps. If required add more ghee into it if it is too thick. Consistency should be like thin liquid.
- Take a deep kadai. Add two cups of water into it. Heat it up.
- Once water is hot, add sugar and mix them well. Prepare a sugar syrup until the syrup is thick consistency or single string. This will take almost 15 minutes on medium flame.
- Add kesar and elaichi powder into the sugar syrup. Mix the well.
- Add liquid (ghee mixed) besan in to the kadai. Mix the besan and sugar syrup properly. Cook this mixture on low to medium flame. Keep stirring this mixture continuously. Once it become dry, keep adding ghee in intervals and keep stirring it continuously. Cook them until all the ghee is absorbed and besan is roasted.
- Take a flat plate and brush it inner surface with ghee.
- Transfer the hot besan mixture into the flat plate. Just tap the plate. Don’t press it from the top.
- Allow it to cool to almost 50%. Then cut it into the shape of your choice.
- Allow Mysore Pak to cool down completely.
- Sweet and Delicious Mysore Pak is ready to be served.
- Happy Eating.