Chicken 65 is a popular Indian dish, which is eaten as appetizer. My recipe of Chicken 65 is flavourful, crispy and super delicious.
Kindly Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such wonderful recipes. Please hit the Like button if you like my video and share as well as comment on it. I have mentioned detailed recipe in description section of my video.
- Boneless Chicken – Half Kg. Cut into bite size pieces.
- Curd (Dahi) – Half cup. Whisked.
- Cooking oil – sufficient quantity for deep-frying and for Tadka (Tempering).
- Rice Flour (Chawal ka Atta) – 4 tbs.
- Green Chilies (Hari Mirchi) – 3 small size. Slit from middle.
- Curry Leaves (Kadipatta) – 10 leaves.
- Curry Leaves (Kadipatta) – 10 leaves. Finely chopped.
- Garlic (Lassun) – 15 cloves. Finely chopped.
- Ginger & Garlic paste – 2 tbs. Take in equal quantity and crushed to paste.
- Cumin Seed (Jeera) powder – 3/4th tbs.
- Black Pepper (Kali Miri) powder – 3/4th tbs.
- Byadgi or Kashmiri Red Chili powder for colour – 2 tsp.
- Salt to taste.
- Optional – Paste of Tomato Ketchup, Dark Soya sauce and Red Chilli Sauce mixed in equal quantity – 2 tbs. This ingredient is optional. You do not have to use this ingredient.
- Take a large mixing bowl. Add boneless chicken in it. Add whisked curd in it and mix it properly.
- Add crushed ginger & garlic paste, finely chopped curry leaves, half the quantity of black pepper powder, salt to taste, cumin seed powder to the chicken bowl. Mix / Rub all these ingredients properly so that the chicken is coated with these ingredients.
- Add byadgi red chili powder to the chicken and rub it properly so that it coats on the chicken.
- Marinade this chicken for at least one hour and keep it in the fridge.
- Remove the marinated chicken after one hour from the fridge. Add rice flour to it and mix/rub it properly so that chicken is coated with rice flour.
- Take a kadai for deep-frying. Add sufficient oil in it and heat it up.
- Very carefully, place the marinated / rice flour coated chicken pieces one by one in to the hot oil. Fry the chicken pieces on medium to high flame until it become golden brown.
- Remove the fried chicken on kitchen tissue paper so that excess oil is absorbed.
- Repeat the above two steps for all the remaining marinated / rice flour coated chicken pieces.
- Later take a flat pan and add 2 to 3 tbs of cooking oil. Heat it up. Once oil is hot, turn the flame to medium.
- Add finely chopped garlic in to the flat pan and sauté it for few seconds.
- Add whole curry leaves and again sauté it for few seconds.
- Add fried chicken in to the flat pan and stir it properly on medium flame for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add 2 tbs paste of Tomato Ketchup, Dark Soya sauce and Red Chilli Sauce mixed in equal quantity. Mix it properly with the fried chicken and turn off the flame. This ingredient is optional. You can served Chicken 65 without adding this ingredient too.
- Chicken 65 is ready to be served.
- Happy Eating.