Chakli or Murukku is very popular Indian savory snack and is crispy and crunchy. These crunchy treats are made in various ways.
Kindly Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such wonderful recipes. Please hit the Like button if you like my video, comment and share it. I have mentioned detailed recipe in description section of my video.
- Maida (All Purpose Flour) – 2 cups.
- Besan (Bengal Gram Flour) – One cup.
- Chawal ka Atta (Rice Flour) – One cup.
- Butter – 2 tbs.
- Ajwain Seeds (Caram seeds) – 1 tsp.
- Salt to taste.
- Jeera (Cumin seeds) – 1 tsp.
- Lal Mirchi (Red Chilli) powder – 1 and half tsp.
- Safedh Til (White Sesame Seeds) – 2 tsp.
- Oil for deep-frying – as required.
- Warm Water – as required.
- Take a flat frying Pan. Heat it up.
- Add half the quantity of Besan in the hot pan and dry roast it on medium flame until it becomes light brown. Once done, turn off the heat.
- Take a large mixing bowl. Place a sieve on it. Transfer the maida, rice flour, roasted as well as not roasted besan, salt to taste, red chilli powder and on the sieve. Sieve them properly so that all these ingredients mix properly.
- Add melted butter in to this mixed flour. Mix them well using both your hands and fingers. Rub the butter into the flour properly until it resembles fine breadcrumbs in texture. This will help the Chakli to become very crispy.
- Add ajwain seed, jeera and safedh til into this flour. Mix them well.
- Add luke warm water slowly and little by little and keep mixing with the flour. Kneed the Chakli dough properly. The dough should be thick like Chappati dough. Cover it and leave it for at least fifteen minutes.
- Take a Chakli maker. Open it up and apply some oil inside the surface.
- Take orange sized dough, make it into conical shape, and place/press it into the Chakli maker. Cover/Screw the Chakli maker with its cover.
- Take a flat plate. Start rotating the Chakli make top handle. Chakli shaped dough will come out from bottom and collect on the plate.
- Do this for all the Chakli dough and prepare Chakli shaped dough.
- Take a deep frying kadai. Add oil as required and heat it up.
- Once the oil is hot, turn the flame to low.
- Gently and carefully, place the Chakli dough one by one in batches into the hot oil. Fry the Chakli on low flame until it becomes golden brown from both sides.
- Remove the fried Chakli on a kitchen tissue paper so that excess oil will be absorbed.
- Delicious and Crispy Chakli or Murukku is ready to be served.
- Happy Eating.