Paratha is the most popular Indian flat breads eaten as breakfast and meals. My recipe of Methi Paneer Paratha is wholesome and lip smacking that is packed with flavour from Fresh Methi, chopped onions and green chilies and spice powders. Crumbled Paneer gives these parathas a very soft texture from inside and Whole Wheat Flour give a crisp crust from outside.
Kindly Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such wonderful recipes. Please hit the Like button if you like my video and Share it. I have mentioned detailed recipe in description section of my video.
- Fresh & Tender Methi (Fenugreek) Leafs – 2 bunch. Cleaned, Washed and finely chopped.
- Paneer (Cottage Cheese) – 300 gms. Crumbled.
- Atta (Whole Wheat Flour) – 3 cups.
- Onion – 1 medium size. Finely chopped.
- Lassun (Garlic) – 12 to 15 cloves. Finely chopped.
- Chat Masala powder – Half tsp.
- Garam Masala powder – Half tsp.
- Kaala Namak (Black Salt) – Half tsp.
- Fresh Green Chilli – 3 medium sized. Finely chopped.
- Dhaniya (Coriander) powder – One and Half tsp.
- Salt to taste.
- Aamchur (Dried Mango) powder – Half tsp.
- Haldi (Turmeric) powder – Half tsp.
- Jeera (Cumin) powder – Half tsp.
- Ajwain (Caram) seeds – One tsp.
- Cooking Oil – As required.
- Take Half a cup of chopped Methi Leafs and keep it aside.
- Take a deep Kadai and add 3 tbs of cooking oil. Heat it up.
- Add chopped onion and sauté it on high flame for a minute or so.
- Add chopped green chilli and chopped garlic. Mix them well. Sauté them for a minute or so on high flame. Keep stirring it.
- Add coriander powder, cumin powder, chat masala powder, aamchur powder, Haldi, garam masala powder, Kaala Namak, and normal salt to taste. Mix them well on low flame for few seconds.
- Add crumbled Paneer (Cottage Cheese) and mix them well. Stir the paneer on medium flame continuously for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add all the remaining Methi Leafs into the Kadai and mix them well along with Paneer on High flame. Keep stirring it on high flame for almost 3 minutes. Then turn off the flame and allow this mixture to cool down.
- Make Lemon sized balls of Methi Paneer mix and keep it aside.
- Take a large mixing bowl. Add Whole Wheat Atta, Ajwain seeds, salt to taste, remaining Half a cup of fresh Methi Leaves and One tbs of cooking oil into the mixing bowl. Mix all these ingredients properly using your palm and finger.
- Prepare a soft dough. Add very little water at frequent intervals while you keep mixing/preparing the paratha dough.
- Once paratha dough is ready, cover it with a clean cotton cloth and leave it for at least 20 minutes.
- Prepare orange sized balls of paratha dough.
- Take one paratha dough ball and place it on a flat surface. Apply dry wheat flour on both sides. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a round shape about 4 to 5 inch diameter size.
- Take one Methi Paneer ball filling and place it on the rolled paratha dough.
- Fold the dough from all sides and cover the Methi Paneer filling properly so that the filling doesn’t come out when we roll it into Paratha.
- Apply dry wheat powder as required and start rolling the Methi Paneer Paratha dough with the filling inside. Roll gently from all side using a rolling pin. Apply more pressure on sides of the Paratha and less pressure in the middle of Paratha.
- Take a Tawa or Flat Pan and heat it up. Carefully lift and place the rolled Methi Paneer Paratha dough on the hot Tawa.
- Roast the Methi Paneer Paratha for about 15 to 20 seconds on one side and flip it over. Apply ghee or cooking oil on this surface of the Paratha. Again roast the other side for about 15 to 20 seconds and flip it over. Again apply ghee or cooking oil on this surface portion of Paratha.
- Keep roasting Methi Paneer Paratha on both sides on medium flame until it become golden brown from both sides.
- Repeat the above seven steps for all the remaining Paratha dough balls and Methi Paneer fillings.
- Methi Paneer Paratha is ready to be served hot along with dollop of ghee on top and chutney/sauce of your choice.
- Happy Eating.