Raw Banana Veggie Recipe is an easy dry vegetable made from Raw Bananas (Kaccha Kela), mildly spiced with grated Fresh Coconut. Kindly Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such wonderful recipes. Please hit the Like button if you like my video and Share it. I have mentioned detailed recipe in description section of my video.
- Raw Banana – 5 small size (Half Kg). Cooking Oil – 4 to 5 tbs.
- Grated Fresh Coconut (Naariyal) – Half cup.
- Fresh Coriander (Dhaniya) leaves – Half cup. Finely chopped.
- Shallots (small Onion) – 8 to 10. Roughly chopped.
- Garlic (Lassun) – 10 to 12 cloves. Finely chopped.
- White Lentil (Urad Dal) – 1 tsp.
- Bengal Gram (Chana Dal) – 1 tsp.
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera) – 1 tsp.
- Fresh Green Chilli (Mirchi) – 4 to 5 small size. Finely chopped.
- Salt to taste.
- Mustard Seeds (Rai) – 1 and half tsp.
- Asafoetida (Hing) powder – Half tsp.
- Curry (Kadipatta) leaves – 15 to 20 leaves.
- Dried Red Chilli (Lal Mirchi) – 2 to 3.
- Lime (Nimboo) juice – 2 tbs.
- Peel of the skin of Raw Banana with the help of a peeler. Cut it into half, length wise. Dice them into small cubes and dip them into cold water for at least 10 minutes.
- Take a deep Kadai or Pan. Add cooking oil and heat it up.
- Once the oil is hot, add rai, chana dal, urad dal, garlic, green mirchi, hing powder, jeera, kadipatta and lal Mirchi into the hot oil. Sauté it for a minute on medium to high flame.
- Add chopped shallots and fry them on high flame until the shallot or onions become translucent.
- Add raw banana cubes into the kadai. Mix them well for 2 to 3 minutes on high flame.
- Add salt to taste. Give it a proper mix.
- Add one cup of water and mix it well. Cover it with a lid and allow the raw banana to cook or water is dried. This may take 8 to 10 minutes on medium flame.
- Once the raw banana is cooked and water is dried up, add grated fresh coconut and give it a proper mix.
- Add freshly chopped coriander leaves and lime juice. Mix them well and cover it with a lid for 2 to 3 minutes on low flame.
- Raw Banana Veggie with Coconut is ready to be served with sambar-rice, rasam-rice or with any South Indian meal of your choice. You can also have with chapatis or plain paratha.
- Happy Eating.