Hamour Fish is found abundantly in Persian Gulf Waters. This fish is highly prized in Gulf countries, and also culturally important especially in Qatar. This is my version of Hamour Fish Fry cooked with simple ingredients. It’s delicious and healthy. Please hit the Like button if you like my video and Share it. Kindly Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such wonderful recipes. I have also mentioned detailed recipe in description section of my video.
- Fresh Hamour (Grouper) Fish Fillet – One kg.
- Fresh Coriander (Dhaniya) Leaves – One large cup – roughly chopped.
- Lime (Nimboo) Juice – 2 tbs.
- Fresh Mint (Pudhina) Leaves – Half cup – roughly chopped.
- Black Salt (Kaala Namak) – 1 tsp.
- Normal Salt – To taste.
- Dried Mango (Aamchur) Powder – 1 tsp.
- Chat Masala powder – 1 tsp.
- Cooking Oil – 2 tsp.
- Crushed Black Pepper – 2 tsp.
- Add coriander leaves, lime juice, mint leaves, aamchur powder, salt to taste, black salt, chat masala powder, crushed black pepper and 2 tsp of cooking oil in a Mixer Grinder jar. Coarsely grind these ingredients.
- Take a large mixing bowl. Add coarsely grounded green masala paste.
- Add all Fish Fillet into the mixing bowl. Give it a nice mix along with green masala paste and marinate the fish. Ensure all the fish is coated properly with green masala paste. Keep the marinated fish at room temperature for at least for 30 minutes.
- Take a large frying pan. Add 2 tbs of cooking oil and heat it up.
- Once the oil is heated up, reduce the flame to medium. Gently and carefully place the fish in batches into the hot oil and fry the fish on medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes on one side and another 2 to 3 minutes on other side until it turns light golden brown. Cover it with a lid if required.
- Remove the fried fish on a kitchen tissue paper so that excess oil is absorbed.
- Hamour Fish Fry is ready to be served hot along with any dip of your choice.
- Happy Eating.