Naariyal Ladoo (Coconut sweet balls) is made in most festivals and special occasions in India, as they taste delicious and are easy to make. This is my version of Naariyal Ladoo recipe. Please have a look at my Naariyal Ladoo recipe below, with step by step pics and video. Happy Eating.
- Fresh Coconut – 1 large size. Grated for Ladoo.
- Fresh Coconut – small half size. Grated for coating the Ladoo.
- Powdered Sugar – 1 cup.
- Milk – half cup.
- Condensed milk – half cup.
- Khoya (Dried Milk) – 1 cup.
- Elaichi (Cardamom) powder – 1 tbs.
- Salt – 1/4th tsp.
- Kismis (Raisin) – 1 cup.
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) – 1 cup.
- Pista (Pistachio) – 12 pieces. Finely Sliced.
- Vanilla pod – 1 pod. Open and removed the Vanilla from pod.
- Take a deep Kadai or Pan and heat it up.
- Add Freshly Grated Coconut (for Ladoo) into the hot Kadai and roast it. Keep stirring it continuously on medium flame for 6 to 8 minutes and prevent the Coconut to turn brown. Turn off the heat and keep it aside.
- Take another deep Kadai or Pan and heat it up. Add Ghee and allow it to melt and heat up on medium flame.
- Add Kismis to this hot Ghee and stir it continuously for 2 to 3 minutes until Kismis are fried in Ghee. Don’t allow it to turn brown or burn. Keep it aside.
- In the same Kadai add Khoya and fry it for 2 to 3 minutes on medium flame.
- Add milk, powdered sugar and condensed milk into the hot Khoya. Mix it well. Cook this mixture for 3 to 4 minutes on medium to high flame or until the mixture becomes thick liquid consistency.
- Add Elaichi powder, fried Kismis, Vanilla pod and salt in to the Khoya / milk mixture and stir it for a minute.
- Pour this hot Khoya/sugar/milk/kismis mixture in to the roasted Coconut Kadai. Turn on the heat and mix them well with roasted coconut for 3 to 4 minutes on medium to high flame. Stir continuously to prevent it from burning or sticking at the bottom of the Kadai.
- Turn off the heat.
- Using your palm and fingers, make small lemon size Ladoos while it is warm, and coat them with freshly grated coconut (kept for coating the Ladoos). Do this for all the Ladoos.
- Garnish the Naariyal Ladoos with sliced Pista on the top.
- Tasty and Delicious Naariyal Ladoo is ready to be served. It should be served at normal room temperature. Naariyal Ladoo can be stored in Fridge and remain fresh up to ten days.
- Happy Eating.