Badaam Kaaju Katli (Almond Cashew Fudge) is a quick and easy to make dessert that is delicious and has a delightful melt in the mouth texture. It is a great sweet dish widely made during festivals in India. Traditionally either Badaam Katli or Kaaju Katli is prepared. My version includes both Badaam and Cashews as well to make this Baadam Kaaju Katli. Do try cooking this delicious dessert and I am sure you will love it. Please have a look at my Badaam Kaaju Katli recipe below, with step by step pics and video.
- Kaaju (Cashews) – 1 cup.
- Badaam (Almonds) – Skinless – 1 cup.
- Sugar – 1 cup.
- Elaichi (Cardamom) powder – 1 tbs.
- Rose Water – 1 tbs.
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) – 5 tbs.
- Kesar (Saffron) – 1 tbs.
- Edible Silver paper for garnishing (optional) – 2 sheets.
- Water – 1 cup.
- Butter Paper (as required).
- Store the Badaam(skinless) and Kaaju in deep freezer for at least an hour before grinding in to fine powder. By doing this, the Badaam and Kaaju won’t become sticky while grinding due to heat.
- Take a Mixer Grinder and grind the frosted Badaam into a fine powder and keep it aside.
- In the same Mixer Grinder, grind the frosted Kaaju into a fine powder and keep it aside.
- Take a deep Kadai or Pan and add sugar as well as water. Add Elaichi powder. Mix it well. Heat up the Kadai and melt the sugar on medium flame until the sugar syrup becomes thick (single string).
- As soon as the sugar syrup becomes thick, add powdered Badaam and Kaaju powder and keep stirring continuously on medium flame. Don’t allow Badaam and Kaaju to stick to the Kadai at bottom. Keep mixing it so that there are not lumps of Badaam and Kaaju in the Kadai. This process will take 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add Rose water into the Kadai and mix it well.
- Add 4 tbs of Ghee into the Kadai and mix it well. Keep cooking Badaam and Kaaju in Ghee on medium flame for another 3 to 5 minutes or until the Badaam Kaaju mixture becomes thick in consistency.
- Turn off the heat.
- Place Butter paper on a flat surface. Apply (brush) Ghee on top side of Butter paper.
- Place Badaam and Kaaju mixture on top of the Ghee applied Butter paper. Make it into a rectangle shape by pushing the corners gently (as it may be hot).
- Take another piece of Butter paper and apply Ghee on it too. Place the Ghee side Butter paper on top on Badaam and Kaaju mixture.
- Using a rolling pin, gently roll (flatten) the Badaam Kaaju Katli paste until the paste is Half inch thick.
- Remove the upper Butter paper carefully.
- Sprinkle Kesar petals evenly on the surface of Badaam Kaaju Katli and gently press them with fingers.
- Place the Edible Silver paper on the Badaam Kaaju Katli surface.
- Cut the Badaam Kaaju Katli into small diamond shape using a sharp knife. Allow it to cool down.
- Delicious Badaam Kaaju Katli is ready to be served.
- Happy Eating.