Spicy Roasted Chicken Drumstick. Great starters. Delicious and easy to cook. Here’s my recipe for this spicy starter.
- Fresh Chicken Drumstick – 750 gms. Clean with water and drain all the water. Make slits on the surface of all the chicken drumsticks.
- Hung Curd (Yoghurt) – Half a cup. To make 1/2 cup of hung curd, take one and a half cup of curd in a cotton cloth and tie it somewhere for overnight so that the water from the curd is seperated and only hung curd remains in the cotton cloth.
- Ginger and Garlic paste – 2 tbs.
- Fresh mint leaves – 4 to 5 leaves.
- Green chilli – 1 piece. Roughly chopped.
- Fresh coriander leaves – a small bunch.
- Lime juice – 2 tbs.
- Salt to taste.
- Kashmiri Red Chilli powder – 1 tbs.
- Hot Red Chilli powder – 1 tbs.
- Garam Masala powder – 1 tsp.
- Jeera powder (Cummin) – 1 tsp.
- Dhaniya powder (Coriander) – 2 tsp.
- Chat Masala powder – Half tsp.
- Aam Chur powder (Dry Raw Mango) – 1 tsp.
- Haldi powder (Tumeric) – Half tsp.
- Sarson ka Oil (Mustard Oil) – 1 tbs.
- Kasuri Methi powder (Dry Fenugreek leaves powder) – 1 tsp.
- Cooking Oil – 4 tbs.
- Take a Mortar and Pestle. Add fresh coriander leaves, mint leaves and green chilli and crush them into a fine paste. Keep it aside.
- For Marinating the Chicken Drumstick – Take a large mixing bowl.
- Add to the mixing bowl – Hung Curd, Ginger and Garlic paste, Coriander/Mint/Green Chilli paste, Lime juice, Salt to taste, Kashmiri Red Chilli powder, Hot Red Chilli powder, Garam Masala powder, Jeera powder, Dhaniya powder, Chat Masala powder, Aam Chur powder, Haldi powder, Mustard Oil, Kasuri Methi powder, and mix them all using a spoon or your fingers.
- Add slit Chicken Drumstick in to the large mixing bowl with the marinade masalas.
- Mix them well with the chicken. All the Chicken Drumsticks should be well coated with the marinade masala.
- Put the marinated Chicken Drumstick in the Fridge for atleast four hours.
- Take a frying pan and add half the quantity of cooking oil and spread it evenly on the pan. Heat up the pan. Once heated up, reduce the flame to medium.
- Carefully place the marinated chicken drumstick on the hot pan and turn/flip it from time to time. Ensure that the Chicken Drumstick or its masalas does not burn.
- Roast the Chicken Drumstick from all the sides until the chicken drumstick are completely cooked and it turns golden brown from outside.
- Repead the above three steps for all the remaining marinated chicken drumsicks and add the remaining cooking oil for roasting.
- Spicy Roasted Chicken Drumstick is ready.
- Serve hot Spicy Roasted Chicken Drumstick with lime and onion, garnished with some fresh mint leaves.
- Enjoy Eating.