Homemade Chicken Burger using fresh and healthy ingredients is what I cooked today. Amazing taste and experience. The freshest and most delicious Chicken Burger I ever had. For Vegetarians, you can use Paneer instead of Chicken, rest all the ingredients and preparation method is same as chicken burger. I cooked this in Four stages. First stage was preparation of Chicken Pattice. Second stage was preparation of sauce or spread. Third stage was preparation of toppings or add on’s. Fourth stage was preparation of Coleslaw.
First Stage (Preparation of Chicken Patties) :
- Boneless Chicken – 500 gms – cut into small pieces.
- Bread crumbs – to prepare this take 8 to 10 pieces of fresh bread and grind them in a grinder. Bread crumbs are ready.
- Lime Juice – 2 tbs.
- Garlic – 10 cloves – roughly chopped.
- Onion – 1 large size – rougly chopped.
- Carrot – One -grated.
- Mozerella Cheese – Half cup – grated.
- Egg – One.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 6 to 8 tbs.
- Fresh Coriander Leaves – Half cup – finely chopped.
- Fresh Thyme leaves – 2 tbs – finely chopped.
- Mustard paste – 1 tsp.
- Tumeric powder – Half tsp.
- Garam masala powder – Half tsp.
- Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp.
- Chat masala powder – 1 tsp.
- Salt to taste.
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp.
- Butter – 2 to 4 tbs.
- Butter Paper – as required.
- Take the onion and garlic grind it into a paste in a grinder.
- Add chopped boneless chicken into the grinder along with onion and garlic paste. Grind it into a paste.
- Remove this chicken/onion/garlic paste in a large mixing bowl.
- Add salt to taste, garam masala powder, red chilli powder, chat masala powder, coriander powder, tumeric powder, mustard paste in the mixing bowl along with chicken/onion/garlic paste. Mix them well using your fingers and palm.
- Then add 2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil, egg, grated carrot, coriander leaves, thyme leaves, grated cheese, lime juice, to the chicken mixture and mix them well using fingers and palm.
- Finally add 3 to 4 tbs of bread crumbs to the chicken mixture. Mix them well.
- Make equal and even sized balls of the chicken mixture. Chicken pattice ball size should be around 2 inch diameter.
- Take a large flat tray. Place butter paper on the tray. Gently brush olive oil on the butter paper. Spread some bread crumbs on the butter paper.
- Take the 2 inch diameter chicken pattice balls and gently flaten it using both your palms. Apply little oil on your palms to prevent chicken pattice on your palm. Flaten it to about one centimeter or little more thick size.
- Place this flattened chicken pattice on the bread crumbs spread, on the tray. Sprinkle some bread crumbs on top of the flattened chicken pattice.
- Repeat the above steps for all the remaining chicken pattice balls.
- Take a flat frying pan. Add 2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil and one tsp of butter in it. Heat up the frying pan.
- One the oil is medium hot, place the chicken pattice on the hot oil. Fry it on medium flame from both sides until the chicken are cooked properly.
- Remove the cooked chicken pattice and keep it aside in a tray.
- Chicken Pattice is ready.
Second Stage (Preparation of Sauce / Spread):
- Butter (melted) – 4 tsp.
- Mayonnaise – 4 tsp.
- Sweet Chilli Sauce – 2 tsp.
- Chilli Garlic Sauce – 2 tsp.
- Tomato Ketchup – 4 tsp.
- Salt – just a pinch.
- Just mix all the above six ingredients in a mixing bowl. Berger Sauce is ready.
Third Stage (Preparation of Toppings / Add-ons):
- Tomato – Medium size – 3. Cut them into round slices.
- Cucumber – 3. Cut them into round slices.
- Fresh Ice Berg Lattuce Leaves – 8 to 10 pieces.
- Cheese Slices – 8 to 10 slices.
- Keep the above ingredients ready.
Fourth Stage (Preparation of Coleslaw):
- Fresh Green Cabbage – Finely / Thin sliced – 2 cups.
- Fresh Grated Carrots – 2 cups.
- Mayonnaise – 2 tbs.
- Honey – 1 tsp.
- Salt to taste.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – 1 tsp.
- Take a large mixing bowl. Add Mayonnaise, salt to taste, Apple Cider Vinegar, Mayonaise and mix them well until it turns like fine thick paste.
- Add sliced green cabbage and grated carrot to the bowl.
- Gently mix them well. Keep it aside.
- Coleslaw is ready.
Assembling/Preparation of Chicken Burger:
- Take good quality Burger Bun. Cut them in Half.
- Take a flat pan and add 2 tsp of butter and heat it up. Once the butter melts, place the Burger Bun on the hot pan and roast it for 2 to 4 seconds on both the sides. Do this for all the Burger Buns.
- Take a serving plate. Place the hard part of the butter roasted bun on the plate.
- Apply Sauce/Spread prepared earlier on the Bun. Place a layer of Ice Berg Lattuce Leaves on the Bun/Sauce. Place Chicken Pattice cooked earlier on the top of Lattuce Leaves. Place one Cheese Slice on top of the Chicken Pattice. Place sliced cucumber on top of the cheese slice. Place sliced tomato on top of cucumber. Again spread the Sauce on top of tomato and cucumber as required. Place the Coleslaw on top of the spread Sauce. Gently place the other half of the Burger Bun on top of the Coleslaw. Very gently press it from top.
- Homemade Chicken Burger is ready to be served.
- Happy Eating.