This dish would be loved by children. I saw this dish the other day on one of the Cooking Channels and decided that I should try this exotic dish at home. It turned out to be really delicious and quick to cook. I have added a bit of my own twist to this dish. Try it at home.
- Fresh Prawns – 500 gms (without skin) – deveined and cleaned properly. Chop it roughly into small pieces.
- White Bread – 8 to 10 breads.
- Onion – 1 medium sized – roughly chopped.
- Green Chilli – 2 – roughly chopped.
- Garlic – 6 cloves – roughly chopped.
- White Sesame seeds – One cup.
- Fresh Thyme leaves – 2 tbs (leaves only).
- Black pepper – Half tsp.
- Salt to taste.
- Chat masala – One tsp.
- Cooking oil – enough for deep frying.
- Take a Grinder. Add chopped prawns, chopped onion, chopped green chilli, chopped garlic, Thyme leaves, Black pepper, salt to taste, chat masala and one tsp of cooking oil. Grind this mixture into fine paste. Keep it aside.
- Take a round cutter and cut the bread into neat round pieces of 2 inch diameter. Do this for all the bread pieces.
- Take little bit of Prawns grinded paste and place it on the top on round shapped bread pieces. Make sure the Prawns paste stick nicely on the round bread surface. Do this for all the remaining round bread pieces and Prawns grinded paste. Keep them on a plate.
- Sprinkle white sesame seeds on top of the round bread pieces having prawns paste. Sesame seeds would stick to the top layer of prawns paste on the bread.
- Take a deep frying pan. Add sufficient cooking oil to deep fry the bread/prawns. Heat up the oil. Once heated reduce the flame to medium.
- Carefully place the round bread having prawns paste and sesame seeds on it; very gently into the hot oil.
- Fry on medium flame on both the sides of the bread and prawns for few minutes until it turns deep golden brown.
- Sesame Prawns Toast is ready to be served. Serve hot with tomato ketchup or sweet chilli sauce.
- Happy Eating.