This Prawns dish that I cooked is great as a starter or main course. It’s delicious and healthy. This dish has and Indian touch to an Italian recipe. Please try cooking and you will love it.
Ingredients for Prawns:
- Fresh Large size prawns – shell removed, de-veined and cleaned – 1 kg.
- Fresh Thyme Leaves – 1 tbs.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 2 to 3 tbs.
- Pepper powder – Half tsp.
- Salt to Taste.
- Garlic – finely chopped – 2 tbs.
- Red Chilli Flakes – 1 tbs.
- White wine – 4 tbs.
- Apple Cidar Vinegar – 1 tbs.
Method to cook Prawns:
- Marinate the prawns with a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper powder. Mix it well and leave it aside for 30 minutes.
- Take a large size Kadai or Cooking Pan and add Extra Virgin Olive oil. Heat it up.
- Add chopped garlic and keep stirring continuously for about 2 minutes on high heat.
- Add marinated prawns to the Kadai and keep stirring continuously on high heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add Chilli flakes and continue stirring on high heat.
- Add salt, white wine and apple cidar vinegar to the Kadai. Keep stirring on high heat until the prawns are cooked well and liquid is dried completely.
- Add fresh thyme leaves and stir it.
- Turn off the heat.
- Donot cover the Kadai with the lid and allow all the steam to go out. We need this dish to be dry not liquidy.
- Prawns dish is ready. Keep this cooked prawns aside.
Ingredients to prepare Red Chutney paste:
- Tomato – finely chopped – 2 medium sized.
- Garlic – finely chopped – 1 tbs.
- Onion – finely chopped – 1 medium sized.
- Extra Virgin Olive oil – 2 tbs.
- Salt to taste.
- Fresh Coconut – grated – 4 tbs.
- Lime Juice – 1 tbs.
- Sugar – 1 tsp.
- Pepper – Crushed – 1 tsp.
- Fresh Thyme leave – 1 tsp.
Method to prepare Red Chutney paste:
- Take a Kadai or Cooking Pan. Add extra virgin olive oil and heat it up.
- Add chopped Garlic and keep stirring for about 2 minutes.
- Add chopped onion and keep stirring on high heat until the onions become translucent.
- Add chopped tomato and keep stirring on high heat until tomatoes are cooked well (skin start seperating from tomato when properly cooked).
- Add crushed pepper, sugar and salt to the Kadai and keep stirring for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add grated fresh coconut. Mix it well.
- Add thyme leaves and lime juice. Again keep stirring for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow this mixture to cool down.
- Grind this cooked Chutney mixture into fine paste using hand grinder or in a mixer grinder.
- Red Chutney paste is ready.
Baguette Bread with Prawn:
- Get a Fresh Baguette Bread. Cut into 1 inch size diagonally.
- Apply Extra Virgin Olive Oil on one side of the bread.
- Then apply Red Chutney Paste on the same side of the bread.
- Place a small piece of Lettuce leave on the chutney.
- Place one cooked Prawns piece on the Lettuce leave.
- Garnish it with fresh thyme leaves.
- Baguette Prawn is ready to be served.
- Happy Eating.