I saw this dish couple of day back on one of the food channels and decided to try cooking it. This dish named Crispy Chicken Cups is due to the crispy cups at the outer layer and juicy and soft chicked cooked inside. It turned out to be very tasty. Here is the recipe.
- Fresh Boneless Chicken – Half kg – finely minced.
- Egg – 1.
- Onion – 1 medium size – finely chopped.
- Garlic – 6 cloves – finely chopped.
- Carrot – 1 – finely chopped.
- Fresh Corianer leaves – Half cup – finely chopped.
- Dried Parsley – 1 tsp.
- Dried Oregano – 1 tsp.
- Mustard paste – Half tsp.
- Barbeque sauce- Half tsp.
- Dark soya sauce- 1 tsp.
- White pepper powder – 1 tsp.
- Red Chilli Flakes – Half tsp.
- Salt to taste.
- Butter – 3 to 4 tbs.
- Frozen Whole Wheat Puff Pastry Square dough pieces – as per requirement.
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese – One cup.
- Take a large mixing bowl. Add Egg and beat it nicely.
- Add finely copped onion, garlic, carrot, corainder leaves, parsley leaves, oregano, mustard paste, barbeque sauce, dark soya sauce, white pepper powder, red chilli flakes, salt to taste, and mix them well.
- Add minced chicken into the bowl. Mix it well along with the above ingredients.
- Allow it to marinate for about an hour in the fridge (not in the freezer).
- Take silicon mould cups. Apply butter on the inner surface of the silicon cups.
- Gently place the one whole wheat puff pastry square dough on the inner surface of the silicon mould cups. Gently press it from all corners.
- Add a tea spoon of little more marinated chicken into the cups (over the puff dough).
- Add little shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat the above four steps for all remaining silicon mould cups and marinated chicken.
- Place these silicon mould ups (having minced marinated chicken and cheese) on a Microwave friendly plate.
- Pre-Heat the Microwave upto 180 degree C.
- Carefully place the silicon mould cups into the pre-heated microwave oven.
- Cook it for 35 to 40 minutes at 180 deg C.
- Gently remove the cooked crispy cups from silicon mould cup.
- Serve Crispy Chicken Cups hot with sweet chilli sauce or tomato ketchup.
- Happy Eating.