I cooked this unique continental dish with rich cream and cheese based thick sauce and exotic Salmon fish. It was very delicious and my family loved it. Try it at your home.
- Fresh Salmon fish – 3 to 4 Fillets (without skin).
- Sun Dried Tomatoes – 1 cup.
- Fresh Baby Spinach – 2 cups.
- Onions – finely chopped – 3 tbs.
- Garlic – finely chopped – 2 tbs.
- Heavy Cream – 1 cup.
- Fresh Parsley – finely chopped- Half Cup.
- White Wine – 1 cup.
- Butter (Cold) – 2 tbs.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 4 tbs.
- Salt to taste.
- Freshly grounded Black Pepper – 1 tbs.
- Parmesan Cheese – Grated- 1 cup.
- Ginger – finely chopped – Half tbs.
- Lime Juice – 1 tbs.
- Season the Salmon with salt and pepper on both sides. Allow it to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Take a non-stick pan and heat it on medium flame.
- Add 2 tbs of Extra Virgin Olive oil to the heated pan.
- Once the oil is heated up, add the marinated Salmon in the Pan. Pan fry it for about 3 – 4 minutes on both sides on medium heat. (The Frying time may vary according to the size of the Fillet). Fry the Salmon until it is light golden brown on both sides.
- Remove it on a plate and keep it aside.
- Use this same non-stick pan for preparing sauce. Donot wipe the pan.
- Use the same above non-stick pan and add remaining 2 tbs of Extra Virgin Olive oil to it. Heat it up on high flame.
- Add finely chopped onion, garlic and ginger to the heated oil and stir well continuously for 3 to 4 minutes until onion becomes translucent. You don’t have to brown the onions.
- Add White Wine to the Pan and stir well on medium flame.
- Add the Cold Butter (it is very important that the butter stays cold. This is done to get a creamy texture in the sauce) to the Pan and stir continuously.
- Add sun dried tomatoes, salt and pepper into the pan. Keep stiring for a while till the mixture or sauce has reduced and the tomatoes are cooked.
- Reduce the heat of the pan to minimum. Pour the Heavy Cream into the Pan. Keep stiring continuously. Cook this for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Check the seasoning and adjust as required.
- Add chopped Spinach to the Pan. Keep cooking and stiring on medium heat until spinach is cooked.
- Check the seasoning again and adjust accordingly.
- Add the grated Parmesan cheese to the Pan and stir/cook it for 2 to 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove the Pan from the flame and allow it to cool fro 2 minutes. Add Lime juice very slowly and continuously stir the mixture. This is done to avoid splitting of Sauce.
- Put the Pan back on medium heat. Add chopped Parsley and stir it well.
- Add fried Salmon Fish to this mixture and very carefully and gently coat the Salmon with Sauce. Donot Stir. If you donot do this gently then Salmon may break into peices.
- Cover the Pan with a lid and allow it to cook for 2 to 3 minutes on medium flame. Donot stir at this stage.
- Turn of the heat and leave the pan with lid covered for 5 minutes.
- Take a serving plate. Gently lift the Salmon from Pan and carefully place it on the serving plate. Take some sauce and pour it on Salmon from all sides. Garnish it for Fresh Parsley leaves. Serve Hot.
- Tuscan Cream & Garlic Salmon is ready to eat.
- Happy Eating.