Veg Hara Bhara kebab is one of the most loved vegetarian dish, very healthy and nutritious. Fresh mixed vegetables are used to cook this dish. Crispy from outside and soft from inside. Very delicious snacks and can be had any time of the day. This Kebab goes well with green mint chutney or tomato ketchup.
- Fresh Vegetables – 100 to 150 grams each – I used Green peas, Potato, Beans, Carrot, Spinach Leaves. You can use any fresh vegetables.
- Paneer (Tofu) – 250 gms – crushed using both hands.
- Bread crumps – 250 gms.
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp.
- Red Chilli powder – 1 and half tsp.
- Aam Chur (Dry Mango) powder – 1 tsp.
- Chat Masala – 1 tsp.
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp.
- Lime juice – 1 tsp.
- Salt to taste.
- Cooking Oil – 4 to 6 tbs – from pan frying.
- Clean the Spinach leaves under water.
- Take a deep pan and add water up to half level. Add 1 tsp of salt to it. Heat it up until bubbling boiling.
- Immerse the Spinach leaves into the hot water and close it with lid. Let it be in hot water for 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off the heat. Leave it for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove the blanched Spinach leaves and allow it to cool down. Grind it into paste without adding water.
- Take rest of the vegetables and cut them into small pieces.
- Add all these cut vegetables into the same water used to boil Spinach.
- Boil all these vegetables until the vegetables and cooked properly.
- Remove the cooked vegetables and allow it to cool.
- Crush all the cooked vegetables using a crusher into fine paste.
- Take a deep mixing pan.
- Add all the crushed vegetable paste into the mixing pan.
- Add garam masala powder, red chill powder, aam chur powder, chat masala, coriander powder, lime juice and salt to taste. Mix them well.
- Add crushed paneer to the above vegetable mixture. Mix them well using your hand.
- Add Spinach paste into the above mixture. Mix them well.
- Prepare small balls of this mixture and press it from top and all sides. Should be flat round in shape.
- Prepare flat round shape for all the vegetable mixture. Keep it in fridge for an hour or more.
- Take a flat Pan for frying the Kebabs. Ad 1 or 2 tsp of oil and heat it up (medium heat).
- Remove the Kebabs pieces from fridge.
- Take bread crumps on a flat plate.
- Place Veg Kebabs on the bread crumps and coat it well from all sides.
- Carefully place the bread crumps coated veg hara bhara kebab on the hot pan. Fry it from both sides on medium heat until it turns golden brown.
- Do this for all the kebabs.
- Veg Hara Bhara Kebab to be served hot with green mint chutney or tomato ketchup.
- Happy Eating.