We had a friends get together last weekend and my friend told me to cook some starters and bring along. I decided to cook Chicken Sukha which is faster to cook, goes well as starters too. Their feedback was that this dish was very tasty.
- Chicken (with bone or boneless) – 1 kg.
- Onion – 3 medium sized – finely chopped.
- Tomato – 2 medium sized – finely chopped.
- Curry leaves – 8 to10 leaves.
- Dried Red Chilli – 3 – roughly broken into pieces.
- Salt to taste.
- Tumeric powder – Half tsp.
- Cummin (Jeera) seeds – 1 tsp.
- Clove – 4.
- Cinnamon – 1 inch.
- Black pepper – 8 to 10.
- Green Cardamom – 4.
- Fresh Coconut – 1 small – finely grated.
- Coriander leaves – One smal cup.
- Red chilli powder -1 tsp.
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp.
- Garam Masala powder – 1 tsp.
- Cooking Oil – 2 tbs.
- Clean the chicken and keep it aside.
- Take a Kadai or deep Pan. Add cooking oil and heat it up.
- Add cummin seeds and let it crackle.
- Add green cardamom, cinnamon stick, clove, black pepper, and allot it to crackle.
- Add curry leaves and dry red chilli. Stir for a minute.
- Add finely chopped onions. Stir and cook well until onion turn golden brown.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, tumeric powder, salt to taste, and mix them well. Add very little water so that the masalas don’t burn while cooking.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook the tomatoes until you see oil released from sides of the kadai.
- Add grated coconut and mix it well.
- Add chicken. Stir and cook the chicken well until cooked completed. Cook it on medium heat with lid covered and keep stiring it from time to time to see if chicken has cooked properly. Cook until all the water is completely dried.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and mix it. Turn off the heat.
- Chicken Sukha is to be served hot with lime or lemon piece. Squeeze the lime juice into the serving bowl, mix it. Hot and delicious Chicken Sukha is ready to be eaten.