When it comes to starters, snacks or tit-bit munching I always prefered Fish Fingers, crispy from outside, moist and soft from inside, rich in proteins and very delicious. Never cooked this dish before. Tried it at home. Loved it and going to cook this dish more often because my family too loved it. You too try cooking it. Take down my recipe for this mouth watering dish.
- Boneless Fish (fresh, not frozen) – 750 gms. ( I used King Fish, but any boneless fish can be used for this recipe). Clean the fish and cut it into long two inch stips (2 inch X half inch size).
- Dry Oregano leaves – 1 tsp.
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp.
- Ginger & Galic paste – 1 tsp.
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp.
- Dark Soy Sauce – 1 tsp.
- Lime juice – 1 tsp.
- Extra Virgin Olive oil – 1 tsp.
- Salt to taste.
- Coriander powder – Half tsp.
- Cummin powder – Half tsp.
- Carborated Soda – Half Cup.
- Corn flour – 4 to 6 tbs.
- Wheat flour – 1 tbs.
- Baking soda – Half tsp.
- Cooking Oil – as required for deep frying.
- Prepare the fish for first marinate.
- Take a mixing bowl. Put all the cut boneless fish pieces into the bowl.
- Add pinch of black pepper powder, pinch of salt, half tsp of lime juice. Mix them well. Marinate it for one hour into the fridge.
- Prepare the fish for second marinate.
- After one hour in the fridge, remove the first marinated fish and keep it aside.
- Take a small bowl, Add dark soy sauce, oregano leaves, remaining black pepper powder, ginger & garlic paste, red chilli powder, remaining lime juice, extra virgin olive oil, coriander powder, cummin powder, salt to taste, mix them well.
- Add first marinated fish to this second marinate and mix them well.
- Keep it for 30 minutes.
- To Prepare a bater for deep frying – take another small mixing blow.
- Add corn flour, wheat four, pinch of black pepper powder, salt to taste, carborated soda, baking soda powder, water as required to make the dip thick.
- Take a deep Kadai or Pan. Add cooking oil for deep frying. Heat it up.
- Once the oil is heated, take the marinated fish, dip it into the batter and place it gently into the hot oil.
- Fry it until golden brown on medium heat.
- Fish Finger is ready to be served.
- Garnish it with fresh coriander leaves and serve it with tomato ketchup or sweet chilli sauce.
- Happy Eating.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hello,Venkatesh. The fish fingers are great.I have nominated you for the Liebster Award.Congratulations.Check my link for follow-up information- https://abhajhblog.wordpress.com. Thanks.