Shahi Tukda is easy to cook dish and very delicious. This desert is most loved by children. Me and my family love this desert. Healty and nutritious. Try cooking it at home.
- Milk – One litre.
- Green Cardamom seeds – 1 tsp.
- Sugar – One cup.
- Water – One and half.
- Cashew – 6 to 8 – slice it to pieces.
- Pistachio – 6 to 8 – slice it to pieces.
- Saffron – One tsp.
- Bread – 4 to 6 pieces – Cut it into the shape you like it.
- Clarified Butter (Ghee) – 3 to 4 tbs.
- Take a pan and add water in it. Heat it up.
- Add Sugar into the water and prepare a thin Sugar syrup. Keep stiring it. Allow it to reduce into a thin syrup and cool it down.
- Take another pan and add milk in it. Heat it up to prepare the Rabdi of this milk.
- Continuously stir this milk on high heat until the milk is reduced into thick consistency.
- Add Saffron to the milk and keep stiring it. Don’t allow the milk to burn or stick to the pan.
- Grind or crush Green cardamom seeds with little sugar into find powder. Add this to the milk and mix it well.
- Once the Milk is thickened, your Rabdi is ready. Turn off the heat and allow it to cool down.
- Take a flat pan and add 1 tbs of ghee to it. Heat it up and allow the ghee to melt.
- Roast the cut bread pieces on the pan or tawa with ghee. Do this on both sides until bread turns golden brown and crisp. Do this for all the bread pieces.
- Drop this roasted golden brown bread into the sugar syrup for 2 minutes. Allow it to soak into sugar syrup. Remove it after two minutes and gently place it on serving plate. Do this for all the bread pieces.
- Add thickened milk or Rabdi on top of the roasted bread pieces. Spread it evenly on top.
- Garnish it with sliced cashew nuts and pistachio.
- Yummy Shahi Tukda is ready to eat.
- Happy Eating.