There is no egg in the mousse I prepared, so itis purely vegetarian chocolate mousse. Try it one, you will surely love it.
- 175 to 200 gms of pure Dark Chocolate.
- 2 tbs of unsalted butter.
- 3 tbs of brewed coffee.
- 1 to 1 1/2 cup of chilled heay whipping cream.
- 1/2 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- Chop the chocolate nto small pieces. Take that into a heat proof bowl.
- Acc cofee and butter.
- Melt this mixture using double boiler method. Take a saucepan with glassful of water and bring it to a simmer. Put the bowl (with chocolate mixture) on top of it. Make sure that bottom of the bowl is not tcouching to the water.
- Kee stirring and it will start to melt. Once it melts completely, it will be smooth and shiny. Remove the bowl from the heat. Let the mixture cool down to room temperature.
Eggless Chocolate Mousse:
- Take a chilled heavy whipping cream in a bowl.
- Start whipping it using hand mixer (or stand mixer with whisk attachment). Whip it til you get stiff peaks. Do not over-mix it otherwise cream will curdle and it will turn into butter.
- Add vanilla extract. Whip it again until mixed.
- Remove and save the 1/4th cup of whipped cream in seperate bowl. Keep that in refrigerator.
- Now melted chocolate is coole dcompletely. In that same bowl, add third portion of whipped cream.
- Gently fold it using spatula. Do not mix it vigorously, do it slowly and gently.
- Now add another third portion of it and fold it.
- Lastly add remaining whipped cream and fold it.
- Divide the mousse into individual serving bowl or glass.
- Keep in the refrigerator to set for about 2 hours or more.
- Once the mousse is set and chilled, you can pipe that save whipped crea or just add the dollop of it using spoon or you can just add white chocolate chips on top of it for garnish.
- Once garnished, chocolate mousse is ready to eat.
- Happy eating.