I was inspired by one of the Food Channel on T.V. to try this dish. It turned out to be amazing. Not too complicated, but need patience, specially while rolling the wet Pappad with chicken and cheese inside. Best starter to serve your guest during family or friend’s get together. Keep all the Rolled Pappad ready and cook it just before serving. You can even prepare the Rolled Chicken Pappad base and Regrigerate it. Remove it and fry it before the party begins. Try it at home.
- Chicken (Breast Piece) – Half Kg. Cut it into 2 inch by 2 centimeter size and keep it aside.
- Black Pepper Powder – 2 tsp.
- Salt to taste.
- Ginger & Garlic Paste – 2 tsp.
- Lime Juice – 2 tsp.
- Extra Virgin Olive oil – 2 tsp.
- Chilli Flakes – 1 tsp.
- Good quality Pappad (Urad Dal pappad) – easily available in all Indian grocery stores – 10 to 12 pieces.
- Refined Oil – 6 to 8 tbs – for deep frying.
- Shredded Mozrella Cheese.
- Prepare marinade for chicken. – take a small bowl and add 1 tsp of Extra Virgin Olive oil, black pepper powder, salt, ginger & garlic paste, lime juice and chilli flakes. Mix them well
- Take another large bowl and place chicken in it.
- Add the marinade to chicken bowl. Mix them well and ensure all the chicken is coated well with the marinade. Keep it aside or in the Fridge for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Take a Kadia or a Pan and add 1 tsp of Extra Virgin Olive oil. Heat it up.
- Add marinated chicken to the hot oil. Keep stiring the continuously on high heat until the chicken is almost cooked and all the moisture is dried up.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the Kadai and keep it aside. Donot cover it with any lid. Allow it to cool down.
- Now time for the tricky part.
- Take the dry pappad role(piece) on a flat surface. Gently apply 2 to 4 drops of water and spread it evenly across the pappad. Ensure the pappad becomes soft, but ensure it is not oversoaked with water.
- Place the cooked Chicken piece on one side of the moist pappad. Place some Shredded Mozrella Cheese on top of the Chicken.
- Gently roll the pappad by lifting the chicken end of the pappad. Roll the pappad with chicken and cheese inside until it reaches other end of the pappad.
- Moist your finger tips. Press the sides of the pappad with your moist fingers so that the chicken is sealed properly. Fold both the ends of moist pappad and stick them to the top. Keep this aside for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Repeat the above step for rest of your chicken and pappad. Keep them aside atleast for 5 to 10 minutes before frying.
- Take a deep Kadai or Pan. Add Refined oil in it and heat it up. Oil should not be too hot for frying this pappad chicken. Keep the flame on medium heat after the oil is a bit hot.
- Gently pick up the Pappad Chicken roll and very gently place it into the hot oil. Fry from both sides until golden brown colour.
- After frying, place the Pappad Chicken on a Tissue paper to remove excess oil. Leave it for another 2 to 3 minutes (because cooking process still continues for few minutes even after you removed it from the Kadai).
- Pappad Chicken is ready to be served.
- Serve it with Sweet Chilli sauce or Spicy Cheesy Dip. You and your family will enjoy it.
- Happy Eating.
Great work! Thank you.
I think that everything published made a bunch of sense. But, what about
this? suppose you wrote a catchier post title? I am not
suggesting your content is not solid., but suppose you added something that makes people desire more?
I mean Pappad Chicken. – DADDY'S CUISINE is kinda boring.
You could look at Yahoo’s home page and see how they create article headlines to grab viewers to click.
You might add a video or a pic or two to grab readers excited about everything’ve got
to say. In my opinion, it might bring your posts a little bit more interesting. http://clubleschenes.ma/index.php/component/k2/itemlist/user/29814
I really appreciate your valuable advice. It makes a lot of sense to me. I will surely try to implement it. Thank you.