Grilled Prawns – cooked to perfection. Delicious and easy to cook. I cooked this splendid Grilled Prawns for my family. Enjoyed every bite of it. Grilled Prawns was flavourful, soft and juicy from inside, outer layer grilled to perfection. Try it at home, you and your family will surely love it.
- Fresh (not frozen) Tiger Sized Prawns – 10 pieces. Shell removed and de-veined from middle of the prawns. Cleaned in water and kept aside.
- Salt to taste.
- Pepper powder – One tbs.
- Lime juice – Two tsp.
- Ginger and Garlic paste – One tbs.
- Red Chilli powder – One tsp.
- Coriander powder – One tsp.
- Garam masala powder – just a pinch of it.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Four tbs. I used extra virgin olive oil, however any normal cooking oil of butter can also be used instead of olive oil.
First Marinade :
- Take the cleaned Tiger Prawns in a deep bowl.
- Add Salt to taste, Pepper powder and Lime juice into the bowl. Mix them thoroughly unti all the Prawns are coated with pepper/lime juice/salt.
- Keep it in the Fridge for 30 minutes.
Second Marinade :
- Take a small bowl.
- Add Ginger & Garlic paste, Red Chilli powder, Coriander powder, Garam masala powder, One tsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and mix them well into a paste.
- Remove the Prawns after 30 minutes from Fridge, and add this second Marinade to the Prawns. Mix them well until the second Marinade is coated well on all the Prawns.
- Keep this second Marinde for 15 minutes.
- Take Bamboo Skewers and wet them in water for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Pierce the Prawns on each Skewers as shown in the picture above. Two to Three Prawns in each Skewers is perfect.
- Take a thick bottom Grill Pan and heat it up.
- Add remaining Extra Virgin Olive Oil to the hot pan. Allow the oil to heat up a litter. Turn the heat to medium.
- Place the Skewers on the hot grill pan. Grill the Prawns on one side for 2 to 4 minutes (depending on size of the prawns) and turn it over to other side and again grill it for another 2 to 4 minutes. Prawns doesn’t take much time to cook. If you feel it needs more time to cook, then please ensure that prawns are not over cooked.
- Remove it on a serving plate. Garnish it with fresh curry leaves.
- Serve hot with Sweet Chilli Sauce.
- Enjoy Eating.