Basoondi is a desert, especially cooked during festive season or served as a sweet dish after any meal. My daughters love sweet dish, so it was time for me to cook something special for them. You too should try it at home.
- Milk – 2 litres.
- Almonds – Finely chopped – 3 tbs.
- Raisins – Finely chopped – 4 tbs.
- Pistachio – Finely chopped – 3 tbs.
- Chironji (Buchanania Lanzan) seeds – 2 tbs.
- Green Cardamom – 8 pieces – remove the outer layer and use only Cardamom seeds. Crush the seeds into fine powder.
- Sugar – 1 cup. You can add more sugar if you like real sweet.
- Saffron (Kesar) – 1 tsp.
- Boil the Milk in a Kadai or any Utensil. Stir continuously so that the milk doesn’t stick to the Kadai. Keep stirring until the milk has thickened to a consistency like a thick liquid.
- Add sugar and again continuously keep stirring until the sugar has melted and milk has again thickened.
- Add finely chopped almonds, pistachio, raisins, chironji seeds, crushed cardamom powder and saffron. Stir/Mix all of them well. Keep stirring for another 5 to 7 minutes on medium heat and cover it with a lid.
- This Desert is ready.
- Serve warm and garnish with some saffron and sliced almond.
- Enjoy Eating.
Looks yum 😊
LikeLiked by 1 person