Saffron (Kesar) Rice pulao is simple to cook and delicious to eat. The flavour of Saffron evolving from the Rice will be very apetiting. You can’t resist.
- Good quality long grain Basmati Rice – 500 gms.
- Desi Ghee (Clarified Butter) – 2 tbs.
- Saffron (Kesar) – 1 tbs.
- Green cardamom – 6 pieces.
- Cinnamon stick – 2 piece of one inch each.
- Cloves – 4 pieces.
- Black pepper seeds – 1 tsp.
- Salt to taste.
- Water – 800 ml.
- Rince the rice under clean running water properly.
- Take a utensil and add 800 ml of water into it.
- Soak all the rice in this 800 ml of water for at least 30 minutes.
- Take and Kadai (Wok) and heat it up on medium heat.
- Add Desi Ghee into the hot Kadai. Allow the Ghee to melt.
- Add green cardamom, cinnamon stick, cloves and black pepper seeds into the hot ghee. Give it a stir for a minute and allow the whole masalas to release its flavour into the Ghee.
- Add the soaked basmati rice, including the water, into the Kadai.
- Add Saffron and Salt into the Kadai.
- Mix them well on high heat.
- Cover the Kadai with a lid and allow it to cook on medium heat until the rice are cooked to perfection and all the water is dried off. Stir the rice very gently at least once when the rice is half way through (half cooked).
- After 7 to 10 minutes of cooking, Saffron Rice Pulao is ready to be served.
- Garnish it with Saffron before serving.
- Serve Saffron Rice Pulao hot. This Rice goes well with Kashmiri Dum Aloo. You can also have it with any non-veg curry dish, or with just simple Dal Tadka.
- Enjoy Eating.