Steak is ideally cooked in Western part of the world with minimum spices and seasonings. However it’s popular in India too, particularly in metro cities. I cooked Chicken Steak with Desi (Indian) Marinate having choices of Indian spice. This dish was yummy and you will love it too. Try it at home.
- Fresh Chicken Breast (boneless) pieces – 4.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 2 tsp for marinate.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 3 tbs for cooking Chicken Breast pieces.
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp.
- Tumeric Powder – half tsp.
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp.
- Lime Juice – 1 tbs.
- Chat Masala – half tsp.
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp.
- Garlic paste – 1 tsp.
- Green Chilli paste – 1 tsp.
- Salt – 1 tsp.
- Salad of your own choice.
- Clean the Chicken Breast pieces with clean water.
- Pierce the Chicken pieces all around with sharp knife or any other pointed kitchen tool. Keep it aside.
- Take a medium sized bowl.
- Add 2 tsp of Extra Virgin Olive oil, Garam Masala, Tumeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Lime Juice, Chat Masala, Ginger paste, Garlic paste, Green Chilli paste and Salt into the bowl. Mix all these ingredients very well. This is your marinade.
- Add Chicken Breast pieces into the marinade. Rub the masala marinade well on the Chicken Breast pieces. Ensure Chicken Breast pieces are coated with the marinade properly.
- Keep this marinated Chicken Breast in the Refrigerator for atleast 30 minutes.
- Taka a Grill Pan. Add 3 tbs of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Allow the oil to heat up on medium heat.
- After the oil in the Grill Pan is heated up, gently place Chicken Breast pieces to the Grill Pan one by one. Let it cook on medium heat on one side until it is light brown in colour. Then Flip it open and allow it to cook on the other side until it is light brown in colour.
- It takes 4 to 6 minutes for Chicken Breast pieces to cook on one side and later flip it over for same time and let it cook on the other side.
- Chicken Steak with Desi Marinate is ready to eat.
- I prepared a simple salad which goes well with this dish. My salad had Iceberg Lettuce leaves, Carrot, Pomegranate, Cucumber, Kiwi, Chat Masala, Salt, Lime juice and Extra Virgin Olive oil.
- Prepare a salad of your own choice.
- Serve hot Chicken Steak with Salad.
- Enjoy Eating.
This looks super delicious 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you. You should try cooking this dish.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Sure I will😊